by Tara Joyce edited by Hans-Peter Kraus
The Making of an Innerpreneur
An innerpreneur is an entrepreneur who uses their business to find personal fulfillment (creatively, spiritually, emotionally) and create social change.
Defining entrepreneurial traits. They have a(n):
- high need for achievement
- high need for independence
- low need for conformity
- internal locus of control
- love of ambiguity
- propensity for risk-taking
- obsession with opportunity
But innerpreneurs are characteristically different as they start businesses to aid in their personal growth rather than that of a company’s. They start their businesses so they can find personal fulfillment and satisfaction through their work.
They are driven by t neheired to realize their full potential, to make a difference and to constantly learn and evolve.
Further Characteristics of an Innerpreneur
- you believe you should do what you are and what you love
- you see the world in a different way than most
- you let your values and passion for exploration guide your life
- you have an innate need to be creative and honest, to follow your own unique path
- you want to make things different; you are attracted to industries that improve the world
- you may alternate periods of career focus with periods of reflection and/or adventure
Tara Joyce responded on Twitter:
Thank you for sharing and spreading the idea! "RT @MapMakersWorld: Are You An Innerpreneur? 05.08.2014
A mind that is stretched by new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. -Oliver Wendell Holmes